Friday, September 23, 2016

canning session

24 pints of salsa

9 pints grape jelly

5 jars of raspberry/blueberry freezer jam

8 pints of sugar-free raspberry/lemonade jam

I had several days of canning. I didn't put the pictures in order but you get the idea. I kind of cheat when I make my salsa I use the Mrs. Wages salsa mix. My family loves it. I also cheated on the grape jelly since our grapes dried out while we were on vacation this summer. I use frozen juice concentrate to make the jelly. David loves grape jelly over any other kind of jam. He will eat the others but he prefers grape. The other two jams I used the fruit from my freezer. I  bought the raspberries and blueberries when they were on sale and then froze them. These are new recipes I haven't tried yet so decided to go for it. You can get them out of the new Ball canning book. The raspberry/lemonade used a lot of honey so ended up being a little pricey. We have actually tried this one. It is okay but I probably won't make this very often because of the cost. I like my jam sweet and this isn't as sweet as would it. I know it is sugar free. Jam shouldn't be sugar free in my opinion. I do enjoy doing this and it really doesn't take all that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment